Saturday, May 08, 2010

What Relationship (Update)

Many months have gone by since my initial posting.  I was not sure if I wanted to say anything further.  I was heartbroken.  He said some things that were not very nice.  We had not spoken for about eight months.  I even changed my phone number.  But as my father would say, I gave him amnesty.  We communicated again in January 2010.  As long as we did not mention love, I was ok.  Eventually, love came up again.  How does he tell me he's in love with me he said in an e-mail. (He's still engaged.)   He said he was the kind of person who told it like it is.  Well, I told him like it is to which I received no response.  That speaks volumes about him.  I had to think with my mind and not with my heart.  I  think about how things would have been  if he and I were to have gotten together.  Could I trust him?  After all he's engaged to someone else but he's telling me that he's in love with me. Would he do the same thing to me?  Regardless about how I feel about him,, I had to move on.  I need to be involved with a man who has the same values and beliefs as I.  He needs to be a man of integrity and a man of good character..  It took me a little while to believe that I deserve better and that I do not have to settle for anything less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment